Saturday, June 16, 2012

Wicked Project Part D


                Formative: Did the project get implemented as planned?
The project did get implemented as planned.  It was a tough project to complete with such little time left in the school year. I had to quickly create a website that parents would be able to use to keep updated with the classroom happenings.  After creating the website I had to communicate with parents how to use the site and what the site would be used for.  After parents were aware of the website they begin using it to find information. 

                Summative: Evidence of success in addressing the problem of practice.
When talking to parents about their thoughts of the website, I heard very positive feedback.  They felt like they were up to date, in the loop and knew what was going on.  They told me they thought it was an easy way to be informed.  Parents liked that all the information was in one place and did not have to look in many places for the updates.  Parents were happy with the use of a website. 
                          
                How would you approach another project of this type differently given what you’ve learned here?

I would approach another project of this type differently giving myself more time to implement in the classroom.  I felt rushed and felt like I could have been more detailed for the parents.  More time would help me to concentrate and develop the project before implementing it.  
                What are the lessons learned that others might benefit from knowing about?

It is important to have a backup plan for your project so that it will benefit it all people.  For example, if the parents in my class did not have access to a computer I was planning on sending home a paper copy of what was on the website has on it. 


In what ways will you endeavor to do the same project again, and what will you change or not do
I will create a website to use at the beginning of the year to support parent communication.  Starting at the beginning of the year will show parents what to expect.  I will be able to explain what to expect and how to use the website at curriculum night with all the parents.  I am excited to start the year out with open communication and using a website to communicate with parents.  

2 comments:

  1. Nancy,

    I'm glad you had positive feedback from parents. What were some things you included on your website? I created a website for my classroom, but I didn't hear much from parents. Did you have any creative ways of promoting the site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of sending home a hard copy for parents who don't have internet access. I'm sure that it will go better next year when you have the summer to work on your website and you will be able to inform and educate parents at the beginning of the year instead of at the end. I see you did have some parent communication. Was it as much as you had hoped for? Do you think it will increase next year?

    ReplyDelete