Sunday, January 29, 2012

Social Networking

I have become very familiar with social networks during my time in college. I was introduced to Facebook when I began college and have used it ever since to keep in contact with friends and family. I have also found Facebook to be a great tool when looking for a job. Many teachers would post openings that they have heard about or openings that they had at their school. This helped me to be aware of what was available. I have also used Facebook to keep in touch with others teachers who I went to MSU with. I am able to communicate with them about ideas, questions, and problems that I am having in my classroom and they are able to do the same.

Another part of social networking that I have found to be very useful as a teacher is joining groups about education and teaching. In these groups many ideas are shared that I can adapt to use in my classroom. This is also a place where you can ask other teachers questions and get advice from teachers.

I think that young students can also benefit from social networking. This week I was just introduced to Edmodo. Edmodo is a place where student and teachers can interact. Edmodo does not share any personal information. This would be helpful for students to be able to use at home when they have a question or are unsure of something that they need to accomplish for class. I am excited to learn more about Edmodo and see how I can integrate and introduce it to my students and parents.

I really enjoy using social networks to keep in touch with friends and family. I also enjoy using them to benefit my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment