Sunday, January 29, 2012

PC Maintenance and Security

There were many tutorials to choose from within the PC Maintenance and Security workshop. The three that I choose to learn from were Making Email Safer, Organizing Computers, and Tips for Safer Web Browsing. I thought that learning more about these three things would help me with my daily use of computers.

By watching each of the tutorials I learned tips to keep my computer more safe. Here are the tips that I learned:

Making Email Safer- I learned how to set up filters for Gmail. This will help to control the emails that I receive to my account. This will also help make sure that some emails do not accidently get put into my spam folder.

Organizing Computer- I learned about this program called Roboform. This program is a password manager. It becomes very difficult when you have to create a different password for all of the different sites you join. This program can help generate a password, it can manager passwords, and it can also assist in filling out forms that ask for your basic information. This is a very neat tool that I think will be very helpful to use.

Tips for Web Browsing- When learning about different tips for web browsing the one thing that stuck out to me that I didn’t know before was a program called Sandboxie. One of the main uses of Sandboxie is that when you go on a webpage that has spyware the spyware is trapped in sandbox and does not go back to your computer. This makes it so that viruses are not spread to your computer they are trapped on this sandbox on the program Sandboxie.
I hope that these tips help others as much as they have helped me to learn about Internet and computer security.

No comments:

Post a Comment